2007: A Year...(evermore)

Things to report:
  • I learned 15 more guitar songs this year.
  • I’ve been on many a great date this year.
  • My good and talented friend Pa Trisha finally recorded her amazing songs.
  • I did not explode, wreck, or kill any cars this year.
  • My sister Rebecca found her voice in the photography world
(I’m so proud of her!)

  • I have officially developed an aversion to long distance relationships.
  • I was able to overcome my Wheat Thins & cottage cheese addiction, but I still haven’t kicked my quesadilla addiction.

  • I have now lost 8 more friends to the wide world of wedded bliss (Congrats….really), and have 5 friends who have added new people via the birthing process to their little families (Props....really).
  • Voted Best new Skill of the year: How to properly worship the Guitar Hero God of RAWK. (I now constantly crave star power and am always lookin' for my next fix!)

(yes, I am biting my lower lip)

  • My heart has grown and expanded substantially this year, my comfort zone has increased due to a never ending challenge at work, and the best boss ever! My circle of friends has grown, and though many old friends are spreading further and further across this country, our friendships have been maintained.

Shout Out’s:

Thanks to all of you who were a source of hugs, laughter, and support this year. I am grateful to those who have shared their hearts with me, and who have taken care of my heart shared with them.

I am grateful for my new Pen pal Bill from PA, my new friend Will in Singapore, The PetersOn’s for remaining cool, down to earth married people and also good friends, Lindsey for successfully surviving her first year in the family of Z's, Darren for making huge leaps and bounds in his creative outlets as well as life skills, Heidi for being the best stop by neighbor ever!, Kate and Rob for not only taking it upon themselves to find my eternal companion, but also being a constant source of refuge, advice, and dinner.

My friend Barb for always taking it to the next level. Jilly Bean, Jo, Lace, & Lizzie for being brave, taking risks, and willingly venturing into the unknown….an inspiration to us all. To friendships rekindled this year, And to the rest of you who are a constant in my life. I am who I am because of you.

Final Report:

At the end of the year 2007, I can report that I am overall very happy, healthy, content, and extremely blessed. I give myself a well deserved solid A (thank goodness for extra credit...)



2 comments:

Trisha said...

2007 was an incredible year, and part of it was having you come out to see me :) (p.s. I am writing on a german computer and i can not find the apostraphe sign OR the exclamation point, so please sense my enthusiasm.)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on a GREAT year! What big accomplishments you have made and people you have touched and let touch you. I'm so happy for you and the way that you have embraced life. I have no doubt that it is just going to get better and better each year....can't wait!