What My Playlist Says About Me


I am not usually the kind of person to do these, but this looked fun - and since I am at a loss lately of what to post, I will be using ideas from other people. This was kinda fun. Most of the songs that came up were actually quite applicable to the question. It's fun just to let your music play on shuffle and just sit back and listen to your randomness. But this little exercise reminded me yet once again how much I love my music! When I learn how, I will try to include the song where possible so you could enjoy them as much as I do.


1. Put your iTunes, mp3, or media player on shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer
3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.

p.s... . . . . . . . no cheating!

How many of these have I done?
Brand New Colony- The Postal Service

There's always a first time for everything. I'm brand new to this kind of thing!


If someone says, "Is this okay?" you say?

Sirens- String Cheese Incident

I'll always tell you the truth, but you'll never question if I love you! favorite line of this song - "I just want to say I love you, make sure you feel it everyday"


How would you describe yourself?
The Loving Sounds of Static- Mobius Band

I'm not sure how this describes me, maybe the more you get to know me, the more you find to love that you didn't expect to.


What do you like in a guy/girl?
Holding Out for a Hero- Frou Frou

How perfect is this? Luckily, I already found my hero!


How do you feel today?
Pig- Dave Matthews Band

Ya, so...I've got to be a little more regular at the gym & stop eating entire bags of popcorn....this is no secret.


What is your life's purpose?
I’ll Do Anything – Jason Mraz

I will - I'm not always the planner, but most often, I'm up for just about anything.....and if you dare me, I'll try just about anything once....except sky diving, sorry Brandon.


What is your motto?
Please Forgive Me- David Gray

I hate feeling unaware of myself, and if that negatively effects anyone around me. So if it does....please do forgive. I'm usually very quick to say sorry, now I know why....it's my life motto! Who knew?

What do your friends think of you?
Did you Ever Look So Nice- The Samples That's right....I'm one hot stylin' lady. I know you all are jealous...always have been....just admit it!

What do you think of your parents?

I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm- Billie Holiday

My parents have instilled me with so much love and acceptance that I keep it with me and take it wherever I go.

What do you think about very often?

Something to Talk about- Badly Drawn Boy

I am a good conversationalist. If there's nothing to talk about, I can usually come up with a question that'll get you talking.


What do you think of your best friend?

I Will- The Beatles

I love this song! The first line of the lyrics say, “Who knows how long I’ve loved you, you know I’ve love you still…" I love my best friends....and I know we've been friends before we came here, and will be long after we're gone.

What do you think of the person you like?

The Kissing Song- Dawn Landes

Are you kidding me? This is like one of my favorite love songs....I LOVE kissing my husband...it still gives me butterflies.


What is your life story?

Don’t Think Twice it’s alright- Bob Dylan

I generally consider myself a pretty easy going...go with the flow person.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Always a Use- Madeleine Peyroux-

I want to always be useful, making a difference in the lives of others.


What do you think of when you see the person you like?

Never Let you Go- William Fitzsimmons

Yup! He's all mine, for all eternity, and I couldn't be happier about it!

What will you dance to at your wedding?

If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out- Cat Stevens-

We didn't get to do a dance at my wedding, but this would have worked. It was actually supposed to be The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett, but oh well! This is a happy song too!

What will they play at your funeral?

Flower Duet- Delibas Lakme

This was actually amazingly fitting because I have just acquired this song, and have listened to it on repeat over and over and over. It is so fulfilling to my soul. I would be fine playing this at my funeral, the harmony in this song gives me chills.


What is your hobby/interest?

Scenic World- Beirut

I LOVE to travel. I wish I could be rich and just plan trips.....I'm excited for me and my husband to go on our first trip together.


What is your biggest fear?

Multiply- Jamie Lidell -

hmmm....I'll have to ponder on this a big. I'm not scared of clones, or having children, or rabbits....and this cannot be connected in anyway to my true phobia - being chased......maybe it's a latent phobia yet to surface.....


What is your biggest secret?

Suddenly I See- KT Tunstall

I have Xray vision that is only activated by a secret word....As soon as someone says it, I usually can see just about anything through anything I want. Shhhh....don't tell.


What do you think of your friends?

Fields of Gold- Sting

I have been blessed with amazing friends and people in my life.


3 comments:

Kate and Robbie said...

Maybe your best post yet...So you, and says so much about you! I've always said to myself, "self, if I had a soundtrack, this would be on it". apparently you think that way too. Maybe that's why were best friends?

The Quayles said...

I loved your post! I know we haven't been able to catch up lately, but I check your blog every time I get on the computer so see how you are!! I loved your you soundtrack! AND GOOD NEWS!! I've got training the second week of March so I'm coming to see you!! I think I'm bringing little man too!

Rebecca said...

Oh you are so clever! I love how you made all of those work so perfectly. Arianne, I just love you so much, you know, so much!